Wednesday, August 13, 2008

New Problem Update #2


Jeff Honeywell and I hiked up to Way Lake in the rain last week to check out the arete on the giant wave boulder. It's scary. The rock is a little suspect and there's a not-quite-easy-enough topout above a horrible landing. He sent a couple days later and I repeated it after throwing up from spotting him. It's somewhere in the V4/5 range and needs a name and a third ascent... any takers?

photo - Jeff Sillcox

This one was probably done back around 2000 when development first started at Way Lake. Jeff H. runs a lap on Twin Cracks (V0).

photo - Jeff Sillcox

I think this V5 roof is a new one. Andrew on the probable 4th ascent.

photo - Jeff Sillcox

I put up Right El Plopper (V8) in the fall and it's still awaiting a 2nd ascent. (Probably because no one has tried it). Eric works the moves in the dark.

photo - Jeff Sillcox

I've been wanting to do this problem for a long time and Eric kept saying "No, I'm too scared". Finally got him on it and now he's done it several times. I've done it at least ten times now because it's just that good. Excitebike (V1)


photos - Eric Lang

This is my new flash and my very inconsistent off-camera triggering system (Eric). The radio triggers finally showed up today so we'll have some new lighting options this weekend.

photo - Jeff Sillcox

Okay, only one or two more posts and I'm caught up. Up next... Hosemonster (V7) and some other crap.

No comments: