Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Boulder Hunting


I'm going to try to sneak a post with no climbing pictures by Andrew without him noticing. I spent about eight hours one day hiking around near Way Lake trying to find boulders that Google Earth told me were there. I found them, but there wasn't much worth going back for. Anyway, it pretty much turned into me taking a bunch of pictures. Enjoy.

Some kind of purple dandelion looking thing.

photo - Jeff Sillcox

Talus field with a bunch of tiny boulders. If I were ten inches tall, this place would be sick.

photo - Jeff Sillcox

Flowers shaped like a bell... not sure what they're called.

photo - Jeff Sillcox

This one's actually right by Wills' crazy hard seam problem that he still hasn't named. If he doesn't name it soon, Eric and I will come up with something stupid.

photo - Jeff Sillcox

Depth of field practice...

photo - Jeff Sillcox

Some pink flowers above Hammil Lake and more tiny boulders.

photo - Jeff Sillcox

And a couple from the Sherwin Fire a few miles from Mammoth.


photos - Jeff Sillcox

No comments: