Monday, December 10, 2007

Tramway & Jupiter


Despite the weather looking crappy for most of the US, I finally made a trip down to Southern CA to check out the Tramway. Saturday was brutal. The temperature never made it into the 30's and it was snowing lightly for a lot of the day. Somehow I managed quick sends of Angus, Soul Caliber, and Left Hand of Darkness (all V9ish) without freezing to death. I think the perfect friction and Eric's beta may have had something to do with it. I had a couple close calls with flashing my first V9: I overshot the finishing crimp on Soul Caliber and then crushed it 2nd try. Then I fell off Left Hand of Darkness with the top in my hand.

Calling dab on myself and then sending Angus (V9)

video - Eric Lang

Left Hand of Darkness (V9)

video - Eric Lang

Sunday we drove back towards San Jacinto and bailed on Tramway because of a bunch of new snow, so we checked out the Jupiter Boulders. The rock is very good polished granite in a weird setting. There is an unofficial urban-redneck firing range a quarter mile from the boulders so there is constant gunfire to go along with the highway noise.

Click the photo for the weekend's gallery of the Tramway and a couple problems from the Jupiter Boulders.

Eric on Soul Caliber (V9)
photos - Jeff Sillcox


Dodging bullets on Air Flash Gordon (V8) @ the Jupiter Boulders (yes, the video says it's Unemployed Black Astronaut and I'm too lazy to fix it)

video - Eric Lang

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Stuff!! Looks like all that plastic pulling hasn't hurt your ability to pull on the real deal. Soul Caliber looks rad and flaming pirates looks like a much cooler version of Bokow... all the right holds are facing the wrong way!!

Abbie said...

i think you're missing a very important video...

Jeff Sillcox said...

yeah, okay...

Video of me blowing my flash of Cackler...

Kelly McBride said...

yoooo jeff... kelly here.. my e-mail

mcbr0074@umn.edu

also...
Herm wants a date
his number...
970-402-1020

Unknown said...

Dude! I found your blog when i googled jupiter boulders! Are you a boulder field?